
I've been teaching a Junior Great Books reading group once a week at R's school. Because it's an extra group, and I don't have the homework authority of a teacher, I bring a small bribe each week for the kids who are prepared and participate. One week it's a pencil; another week it's a fun eraser or a bookmark. Yesterday's meeting was the last of the year, so the prize is a notebook meant for summer lists and doodling. I rooted through my recycling to find a dozen kid-friendly boxes to make into notebooks. As I'm sure I've noted elsewhere on my blog, who doesn't enjoy a Jello notebook?
In case you are wondering just how much Jello is served in my house, most of the boxes used in the making of these notebooks are left from a science project--also for R's class. It turns out layers of different-colored Jello make a fine (and tasty) model of sedimentary rock.
In case you are wondering just how much Jello is served in my house, most of the boxes used in the making of these notebooks are left from a science project--also for R's class. It turns out layers of different-colored Jello make a fine (and tasty) model of sedimentary rock.

No comments:
Post a Comment